Thursday, September 22, 2011

International Federation of Postcard Dealers









What is the IFPD?


Chartered in 1979, the International Federation of Postcard Dealers is primarily an organization of postcard dealers, but also promotes the interests of postcard collectors as well. Its purpose is to encourage professionalism, increase confidence, strengthen ethics and promote the postcard hobby worldwide. Currently there are 120 members.


IFPD Code of Ethics


I recognize my obligation as a postcard dealer to the public and to the fellow members of this association and to be worthy of the confidence and respect reposed in me by those with whom I have contact.

Therefore I agree to:

Give advice and appraisals to my clientele to the best of my knowledge and ability.

Buy and sell at prices commensurate with a reasonable return on my investment at prevailing market conditions.

Refrain from dealing in stolen and counterfeit material.

Be truthful in my advertising.

Refrain from denigrating my competitors.

Make no false claims to a policy or practice of generally underselling my competitors.

Honor and fulfill my contracts and obligations.

Exchange credit and other information freely with other members where the good of and the welfare of the association is concerned.

Treat my fellow dealers with the same respect and dignity that I expect to receive from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment